Chicken cooked in the slow cooker is my favorite way to cook it. Some people don’t like it because it can get dry and it will if you cook it too long. If you keep it to 6 to 7 hours on low or just a few hours on high then you will have perfect chicken.
For years I’ve been throwing drumsticks into the slow cooker, pouring barbecue sauce over it and calling it good. It was always a favorite, but this recipe takes that same idea and bumps it up on the flavor scale.
The combination of the dry spices and the barbecue sauce will knock your taste buds off their feet. I promise. Just ask my husband…
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 bone in, skin on chicken drumsticks
- 1½ c barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Pour ingredients onto a plate.
- Take each drumstick and roll in the dry seasonings. Make sure the drumsticks are completely coated.
- Place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.