Earlier this week I shared with you our new favorite Easy Turkey Chili recipe and today I’m sharing the perfect cornbread to go with it. This cornbread is moist, flaky and has just a hint of vanilla in it. I just love it.
Are you a cornbread fan? I was not until about two years ago. I think the reason I didn’t love cornbread is because I always found them dry and lacking in flavor. I always avoided it at restaurants and refused to make it. I’m so glad I’m over my aversion. Now I’m addicted to it.
I’ve made this particular recipe a few times and my husband loves it as well. The hint of vanilla just gives this the best flavor and it’s super moist and that’s how I like my cornbread. If I’m not careful I could eat the whole pan all by myself.
I promise this easy (less than 30 minutes!) cornbread recipe will be a family favorite.
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together with an electric mixer the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla. Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Add to the flour mixture the egg/sugar mixture. Mix well. Add milk and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
I found this recipe in