Do you watch the Super Bowl? Like truly watch it? I can’t say that I watch the game. I’m more about the commercials, half-time show and the food. It’s all about the food. I look forward to all the dips and appetizers that appear at the Super Bowl parties we attend.
This is a fantastic dip for the upcoming game. It’s full of cheese, bacon and beer. That’s right…beer. I originally tried this dip without the beer and discovered that it truly needs the unique flavor beer gives to food. It’s a great compliment to all the cheese and bacon. I used a Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. You can use any dark beer you have. If you want to make this non-alcoholic then I would suggest adding some broth or water.
Another tip for this dip is be sure you make this at least an hour before you need it. It needs time to marinate and blend all those flavors together.
What’s your favorite part of the Super Bowl? Is it the food? Commercials? Half-time show?
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ cup dark beer or another liquid
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (use the paddle attachment) add the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Mix well.
- Add the cheese and bacon. Continue mixing until everything is well incorporated and the mixture is becoming whipped.
- Add the beer and mix until it's well combined.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Adapted from Deliciously Sprinkled