This recipe originally showed up on Occasionally Crafty in June. I was a guest contributor for her summer series.
I know Pinterest is full of fall decorations and pumpkin recipes, but there is still plenty of time to grill some delicious burgers. My Cajun Burgers are a spicy twist on your traditional burger and are a must-try this summer.
These Cajun Burgers have a spicy kick to them and then are nicely cooled down with green peppers and onions. I’ve never had a burger with a pepper on it until I made this burger and it’s fantastic. I love the crunch it adds to the burger.
The best part of the burger is the spicy mayonnaise mix. Mayonnaise mixed with hot sauce, Dijon mustard and a little parsley. Unbelievably good!
I hope you give these burgers a try.
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced. Use both green and white parts
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into circles
- 1 green pepper, sliced into rings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- A sprinkle of dried parsley
- Vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns
- Heat your grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, hot sauce, Dijon mustard and parsley. Place in refrigerator.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the ground beef, Cajun seasoning and scallions. Form into four patties. Choose the thickness you like. Our’s where about ½ inch thick. Grill burgers to desired doneness.
- Slice your peppers and onions and get them ready to be placed on the grill after your burgers are done.
- Once the burgers are done take them off the grill and place them on a plate and cover with foil. This will keep them warm while you grill the vegetables.
- Brush the onions and green pepper with some vegetable oil and place on the grill. Grill till slightly charred and are tender. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place the hamburger patty on the bottom patty, add the mayonnaise mix and then layer with onion and a pepper. Top with the top bun and serve.