Today is my birthday and I brought you a cake. Not your traditional cake, but delicious nonetheless. I’m a huge cake lover. I could eat it all the time and not just on birthdays. I can’t wait to try my wedding cake, it’s going to be a yellow cake with raspberry filling and a buttercream frosting. Can. Not. Wait.
I’ve never heard of a dump cake until I saw this on Meatloaf and Melodrama.
I changed the recipe based on what I had on hand. I didn’t think there would be enough juice with 2 cans of peaches to work, but it did.
This cake is so good. The cake is buttery and crunchy on top and moist underneath, the cinnamon makes the peaches taste even better. It was like fall in my mouth.
You must make this for your family. Everyone will love it and it takes less than hour start to finish to make.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 cans of peaches, with juices. I used 14.5 oz cans.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon. You can use more if you'd like.
- 1 stick of butter, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a well-greased 9x13 pan, dump your peaches including the juices.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top of the peaches.
- Spoon the cake mix on top of the peaches and cinnamon. I mixed some of the cake mix with the juices from the peaches.
- Place the slices of butter on top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes. Until it's bubbly and browned on top.