Are you the type of person when going to a favorite restaurant orders the same thing or do you try something different every time you go? I am one of those creatures of habits and will order the same thing each time I go to a favorite restaurant. That’s why I want to go to that particular restaurant.
I’m like that when it comes to Noodles & Co. I order the same dish, Pasta Fresca (working on a copycat recipe for this) with Parmesan cheese and Parmesan Crusted Chicken. I love that chicken!! Every time I eat it I think I need to make a recipe for it.
This is a pretty darn close copycat. My crust on this chicken isn’t quite like theirs, but the seasonings are perfect. It was super, super easy to make. This will be perfect for a busy weeknight.
What’s your favorite dish at your favorite restaurant? Please share in the comments.
- 4 to 5 chicken tenders
- olive oil
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat a skillet on medium high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, Italian seasonings and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Prep your chicken by lightly pounding each piece until fairly thin. Don't make it so thin that the chicken tears.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the seasoning mix.
- Lay each chicken piece in the skillet. Leave the chicken in place for several minutes, this allows it to get a nice crisp crust.
- After about 4 minutes, flip the chicken and allow the other side to get crispy.
- Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.