Green chile’s. Chicken. Cheese. How can those combinations go wrong? They can’t. This recipe is proof.
I’m falling more and more in love with my crockpot. It just makes life so easy even for us food bloggers. This recipe is perfect for busy days. Throw the chicken in the crockpot, let it cook for a few hours, drain, add the garlic salt and green chile’s, let it cook for 30 minutes and then shred. The next part is just as easy. Take a flour tortilla, add some of the shredded chicken, put some shredded cheddar and jack cheese, top with another tortilla and warm it up in a skillet until the cheese is melted.
Even though there are green chile’s in it it’s not spicy at all. The chile’s give a great juicy flavor to the chicken. Speaking of chicken, you can use chicken breasts, but you really, really need to use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs have so much more flavor than chicken breasts and really add to the flavor of this dish.
- 4 – 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, thawed
- 1 4 oz. Can Green Chiles, undrained
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- flour tortillas
- Place the chicken thighs in the crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours
- After the 3 hours is done, drain juices from crockpot
- In a small bowl, mix together green chiles and garlic salt.
- Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on high for 30 more minutes.
- Then shred the chicken.
- Take a tortilla and place a couple of spoonfuls of the chicken on top.
- Layer with some cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and cook in a skillet until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat until you've made all the quesadillas you want.