Mexican food is my all-time favorite type of food and oddly enough it’s not one I make much at home. I have a few tried and true that I make once every blue moon, but they are very few. I’m very happy to be adding this one to my repertoire.
At my previous job we had a lot of potlucks, it was one of our favorite things to do and my team had a lot of great cooks. This recipe was one that was brought often and I begged my friend for the recipe.
The combination of the chili powder, Italian dressing and the garlic makes this a very savory taco dish. I love that it’s so simple to put together in the crock-pot and is done in just 5 hours. Super simple and tasty.
- 5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- small bottle of Italian dressing
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Flour tortillas
- Favorite taco toppings
- Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Mix the spices and Italian dressing together in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken and cook on high for 4 hours.
- After the four hours take the chicken out, shred it and then place it back in the crock-pot and cook for another hour.