I love, love, love this cheesecake. It’s my very favorite cheesecake to make and is super easy.
I was gifted this recipe from a friend and I will forever be thankful to her for this. I’ve made this for many different gatherings and it always gets eaten quickly.
If you need to make a dessert that will knock people’s socks off, this is it. The combination of the creamy cream cheese, the tart apples and the crunchy pecan makes this an irresistible treat.
Tip: The recipe calls for regular vanilla, but I used vanilla paste. I use that in basically every recipe that calls for vanilla.
*This photo does not do this dessert any justice. I didn’t realize we had eaten so much of it before I had taken a picture. Ahh…life of a food blogger.
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (I cheat and buy the box of graham cracker crumbs)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 - 8 oz bricks cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 medium size apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a bowl and then press into the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beat in slightly. When both eggs have been added, pour into crust.
- Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl and toss the apple slices until thoroughly coated. Distribute on the top of the filling and sprinkle the ¼ cup of chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. Allow to cool 15-20 minutes and then use a knife to separate from the sides of the pan. Remove the springform and allow to cool completely then chill for 4 hours before serving.