I’m not sure that the weather here in Utah knows what it wants to do. It waivers between being cold to being warm. We are supposed to be close to 70 degrees this week. Last week we were in the 50’s. Some people call it Fall season, I call it the Menopausal season. It can’t decide if it wants to be hot or cold. Kind of like me on a daily basis.
Whether it’s warm or cold outside this garlic chicken pasta dish is perfect. This dish is a rich, decadent chicken pasta dish. I only make this 1 to 2 times a year because it is very rich in cream and fat, but it’s so worth it.
Your kids will love this dish because not only does it have cream in it, but BACON and who doesn’t love bacon??
- 16 oz bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 12 oz bottle Lawry's herb and garlic marinade
- salt to taste
- Place the chicken in a crock-pot and pour the entire bottle of marinade over it. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Once done, shred the chicken and put aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain pasta.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and then add the garlic, heavy cream, pepper, parmesan cheese and bacon. Whisk together and heat on low for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta and then pour the sauce over the pasta. Add chicken and stir through. Add salt if needed.