For the past couple of weeks I’ve been making a few different pumpkin recipes for the blog and I’ve discovered that I do not like pumpkin in savory dishes. I just like it in desserts.
Do you find that you like certain foods only in a sweet or a savory version?
I found that Jell-O has a pumpkin spice flavored pudding and I had to make it into my favorite dessert dish. It was so creamy and had a great pumpkin pie flavor to it. I loved it. Lemon is still my favorite, but this pumpkin version is a very close second.
Trust me, if you love pumpkin pie then you will love this Pumpkin Mousse.
- 1.34 oz Instant Jell-O pudding mix, pumpkin pie
- 1¼ cup 1% milk
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip Lite + 1 more to use as the topping on top
- Pull out the Cool Whip and allow to thaw. I put it on my counter for an hour and it's thawed or you can put it in the fridge and let thaw for several hours.
- Dump the Jell-O mix into a bowl and add milk. Combine well.
- Add the Cool Whip, in batches, to the Jell-O mix and gently fold in till it's mixed well.
- Serve in individual dishes and top with more Cool Whip.