I’ve made several different versions of this mousse, which I will share later, but the lemon version our favorite and it’s perfect for summer.
The original recipe calls for sugar-free pudding, I’ve used both the sugar-free kind and the regular pudding and both are excellent. I didn’t notice a difference of one from the other.
I used 1 % milk because that’s what we have in the house.
Also, I always use Cool Whip Lite for all my desserts including this one. It truly is the best and you can’t tell a difference in flavor from regular Cool Whip.
- 1.34 oz Instant Jell-O pudding mix, lemon
- 1¼ cup 1% milk
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip Lite + 1 more to use as the topping on top
- fruit (optional)
- Pull out the Cool Whip and allow to thaw. I put it on my counter for an hour and it’s thawed or you can put it in the fridge and let thaw for several hours.
- Dump the Jell-O mix into a bowl and add milk. Combine well.
- Add the Cool Whip, in batches, to the Jell-O mix and gently fold in till it’s mixed well.
- Serve in individual dishes and top with more Cool Whip.
- Optional – I added blueberries to my topping.