My mom made this garlic bread when I was a kid whenever we had Italian food. I think I liked it more than the main dish.
I’m still making this dish and I love it just as much now as I did back then. There are lots of versions of garlic breads out there and sometimes I mix it up, but this one is by far the quickest and tastiest version.
I always keep Italian bread in my freezer. It’s great for this garlic bread and I use it for french toast.
If you need a quick garlic bread that can be made in 20 minutes then this is the one for you.
What’s your favorite garlic bread?
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- ¼ c. softened butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in the microwave for a couple of seconds, just until it's pliable or take it out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- Mix the garlic powder with the softened butter.
- Take the slices of bread and spread the butter mixture on one side of each slice.
- Lay the slices on top of each other and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.