I shared this yummy bruschetta recipe on Julie’s Eats and Treats site last month, so today I’m sharing it here.
Today I am sharing my favorite new recipe for summer, Strawberry Bruschetta. If I could only choose one food to take with me on a deserted island this would be it. It’s a great combination of tart and sweet. Perfect for those summer bbq’s.
If you love the traditional tomato bruchetta then this will be a great version for you to try.
- 1 pint of strawberries, rinsed and chopped
- 3 to 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1 loaf of french bread, sliced into thin slices, lightly toasted
- Combine the strawberries, basil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Top each slice of bread with the strawberry mix.