Tabasco Hot Dogs??? Yes! If you love hot dogs and love spicy foods then you will love these hot dogs.
I know it sounds strange, but trust me, it’s really, really good. The Mr. has been making this dish for years. He got the recipe from a friend. I was a bit skeptical at first, but once I tried it, I was hooked.
If you love hot dogs, then trust me you want to try this one.
What’s your favorite way to eat a hot dog?
- All beef hot dogs, or your favorite kind of dog
- Tobasco sauce
- Dill pickles, about 4 slices per hot dog
- Provolone cheese, cut into slices
- Hot dog buns
- While the hot dogs are cold, slice horizontally down the length of the hot dog, about halfway down. Open them up a bit.
- Pour tobasco sauce down the middle. Use as little or as much as you want. Some of it will burn away.
- Place under the broiler of a toaster oven or regular oven.
- Cook until desired doneness. As they cook they will open up and brown around the edges. About 10-12 minutes.
- Line one side of the bun with the dill pickles.
- At this point you can dress your bun up with your choice of condiments or leave it plain. For this type of dog, I like it plain.
- Place hot dog on other side of bun, opposite the dill pickle.
- Lay the provolone cheese slices on top of the dog.
- Put them back in the broiler till the cheese melts.