Happy Monday! Here’s a fun summer dish for you, or anytime of year. I will admit that I make this pasta salad at least once a month. I love it that much. It’s also my go-to dish for potlucks. It’s so easy and quick to put together.
The best part of this salad is the dressing. The combination of tomato paste, olive oil, red wine vinegar with the spices is what makes this salad a hit. I tend to double the dressing because I like my pasta to have lots of sauce, but it’s just as good not doubled.
Seriously, you must try this salad.
The winner of the giveaway was not from our group, but don’t fret because I’m looking into doing another giveaway this summer.
Speaking of giveaways, What do you like to see in a giveaway? Gift cards, kitchen gadgets, my favorite things? What would you be interested in winning? Please let me know.
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ tsp. basil
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain, set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, pepper, cheese and basil to the pasta.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic salt, oregano, tomato paste and vinegar together. Stream in the olive oil while continuing to whisk.
- Once the oil is incorporated, pour the dressing over the pasta salad, add the pepper and toss well.