I made this recipe to enter into a contest that Healthline is holding. They are doing a Iron Chef Heart Healthy contest and you had to choose at least three heart healthy ingredients from their list. I choose salmon, olive oil and pistachios. Never thought I would eat salmon with pistachios, but I’m always up for trying new things.
This turned out fabulous. We loved the kick that the spicy brown mustard gives to the salmon and I love the pistachios. Loved it.
I hope you try this and enjoy it. Wish me luck on the contest!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
A spicy, nutty flavored Salmon
- 2 8 oz salmon fillets, without skin
- 1 cup of unchopped pistachios
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Lightly season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper
- Take the unchopped pistachios and place in a food process and process till it looks like bread crumbs. You can leave a few chunks for looks.
- Mix the spicy mustard and olive oil in a bowl.
- Brush the salmon with the spicy mustard. Be sure to put a good layer on the salmon.
- Dump the pistachio crumbs onto a plate and then take the salmon and place the flesh side down into the crumbs and press down. This will give you a nice coating of the pistachios.
- Place the salmon with the crust side up in a pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)