It’s here, the day I get to reveal my new blog design to you. I hope you like it. I’m in love with the black and pink combination, it’s so me.
Melissa, with Jelly Design Studio, http://www.jellydesignstudio.com, did such a great job and she was fabulous to work with. She asked great in-depth design questions and gave great advice when I wasn’t sure what I wanted. Best of all, she totally got me and willingly made any changes I requested. If you need a blog design I would definitely recommend her. Thank you, Melissa!
You’ll notice on the right that there are 6 pink buttons. These buttons are ways that you can follow me. I update my blog posts on these social media outlets and also share lots of pictures and anecdotes about life. I’m especially a big fan of Instagram, but be forewarned I post a lot of dog pictures.
In celebration of my design I made cake. This was our Easter dessert because we love anything pumpkin and will eat it year-around.
This recipe came from a local tv show that had Utah’s Representative Jim Matheson on. This is his family’s recipe and it’s truly as good as he said it was.
Let me know what you think of the new design and the cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups pumpkin
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan
- Combine the sugar and the eggs and beat until fluffy
- Add the oil and mix until combined
- Sift the dry ingredients in the egg mixture and blend until combined
- Add the pumpkin and mix well
- Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes
- Let stand for 10 minutes, remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar