Ever had a cornish game hen?
Well, you should.
They are simple to prepare and make an elegant dinner. These are perfect for a dinner for two, a small dinner party, or if you don’t want to make a Thanksgiving day turkey, then cook up a couple of these and you’ll be ready for dinner in a couple of hours.
I wanted to make a special dinner for two a couple of weeks ago, so I decided that stuffed cornish game hen would be very elegant. All I needed was two cornish game hens and a box of stuffing and I had dinner on the table in a couple of hours with minimal effort.
Give these a try and let me know what you think.
Do you have a favorite go-to dish for a special dinner for two? If so, please share.
- Two cornish game hens
- Melted butter
- Boxed stuffing of your choice, or you could make homemade stuffing
- Preheat oven according to the directions on the cornish game hen packaging.
- Spray a 9 x13 pan with Pam.
- Rinse cornish game hens and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare boxed stuffing according to package including the celery and onion.
- Stuff hens with the stuffing and place in 9 x 13 pan.
- Baste hens with butter and cook according to package directions. I like to baste with melted butter throughout the cooking process.