I love this granola recipe. It’s tasty, ful-filling and mostly healthy for you. If you are looking for a great on-the-go snack, this is it.
It’s also perfect for bridal and baby showers. Good to add to your spouses or kids lunches and is a great addition to yogurt or even ice cream.
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. honey
2 tsp vanilla
4 c. old-fashioned oats
1 package sliced almonds
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix the first three ingredients in a pot and heat until they are well mixed.
2. Combine the remaining 5 ingredients in a seperate, large bowl. When mixed well, pour the heated liquid over the granola mixture. Mix well.
3. Heat the oven to 225 degrees.
4. Spread the granola mix on a cookie sheet, may want to use two.
5. Bake at 10 minute intervals. After each 10 minutes stir the granola on the baking sheet. Do this 4 times, so it will bake for a total of 40 minutes.
6. Let cool and then place in a sealed container.